Incheon Office South Korea
Alternate Title: Application Engineering Manager MAS
Directs Application Engineers and Lead Engineers in the performance of their daily duties including providing the technical direction and program focus necessary to meet customer requirements. Sets and maintains objectives for the department consistent with corporate objectives.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Serve as mentor to all engineers in the Application Engineering Department.
2. Ensure compliance with both the intent & letter of Engineering-related AQP procedures, including design reviews.
3. Provide direction and monitor to ensure program objectives are met.
4. Re-allocate resources as required to optimize the output of the department.
5. Clear, timely and accurate communication with employees and management.
6. Interface with account and program managers as well as customers to maintain familiarity with key product/program requirements.
7. Represent TI Design Engineering in supervisor-level and higher customer meetings.
8. Participate in the development of product design standards to optimize performance and minimize scrap.
9. Maintain relations with FCS NA plant engineering managers to ensure designs include consideration for manufacturability, process capability and efficient assembly.
10. As required, set priority on Design Requests.
11. Review and approve DFMEA's.
12. Review and approve validation test plans (e.g., DVP).
13. Establish employee objectives (MBO) and review quarterly.
14. Review each employee’s performance annually.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Ability to manage multiple employees such that engineering objectives are met.
3. Ability to formulate and implement solutions to design problems.
4. Communicate effectively.
5. Ability to plan and execute effectively.
6. Computer proficiency.
1. Minimum 10 years experience in relevant engineering field.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers’ license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
BSME or related engineering degree.
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.