Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Alternate Title: Mechatronics Engineer II
Support engineering programs from quote through launch for the design and detail of fluid assemblies and components.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Design, develop and validate product from concept to production.
- Interface with account and platform managers as well as customers to determine product requirements.
- Establish design parameters to ensure that product design is feasible for manufacturing.
- Provide direction to designers with consideration for fabrication, processing and assembly of the product.
- Implement design through a formal program of AQP.
- Approve all product-engineering drawings: identify or establish performance and material specifications.
- Analyze components for relevant failure modes and create formal documentation (DFMEA).
- Validate all designs and prepare reports summarizing results (e.g., DVP&R).
- Simplify and standardize current and new designs to maximize economic benefits.
- Coordinate prototype orders, build and submission.
- Ensure program objectives are met.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the Automotive Industry.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers to maintain a positive working relationship.
- Result oriented, operates with integrity and trust, customer focus and conflict management skills.
- Ability to formulate and implement solutions to design problems.
- Ability to manage program events such that engineering objectives are met.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Fluid Systems facilities.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Minimum of BSME or related engineering degree
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.