Manage engineering programs from concept through launch for the design and detail of pump and module assemblies and components.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Design, develop and validate product from concept to production.
2. Interface with account and platform managers as well as customers to determine product requirements.
3. Establish design parameters to ensure that product design is feasible for manufacturing.
4. Provide direction to designers with consideration for fabrication, processing and assembly of the product.
5. Implement design through a formal program of AQP.
6. Approve all product-engineering drawings: identify or establish performance and material specifications.
7. Analyze components for relevant failure modes and create formal documentation (DFMEA).
8. Validate all designs and prepare reports summarizing results (e.g., DVP&R).
9. Simplify and standardize current and new designs to maximize economic benefits.
10. Coordinate prototype orders, build and submission.
11. Ensure program objectives are met.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Ability to manage program events such that engineering objectives are met.
3. Ability to formulate and implement solutions to design problems.
4. Ability to communicate effectively.
5. Proficient in MS Office programs.
1. 1-4 years related engineering experience.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers’ license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Fluid Systems' facilities.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Location Specific Requirements:
Vacancy for Launch Engineer / Manager A little about TI Fluid Systems Fluid thinking™ shapes the mindset of TI Fluid Systems. Global automotive manufacturers turn to TI Fluid Systems for insight and focus to develop industry-changing, award-winning fluid storage, carrying and delivery technology. Our strength lies in our ability to creatively meet and exceed the increasing fuel economy and emissions regulations of tomorrow’s auto industry. TI Fluid Systems commits its integrated global resources exclusively to enable customers to differentiate their products, be competitive and more effectively meet regulatory requirements for performance, safety and emissions. Our innovative technology, a deep and broad product line, and commitment to the needs of our customers enables us to meet the highest standards for fuel economy, performance, safety and emissions for automotive fluid storage, carrying and delivery systems. What we are looking for We are seeking a talented and experienced staff member to manage the end-to-end product launch process for our site in Lokeren.You will be responsible for the correct implementation of new projects within TI Lokeren. Managing and coordinating the correct application Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Product Process Change Control disciplines. Supporting role in executing APQP task content for all aspects at plant level. Your tasks will include:- Leads and coordinates all aspects of a new product programme from design phase to SOP- Initiates technical and financial reviews with necessary reports and presentations in order to facilitate decisions- Supports budget planning, resources planning/forecasting and resource allocation- Active follow-up and direction on shopfloor when trials and changes take place- Assists the account manager in quoting an d collecting costs and quotes (internal/external) both in RFQ and process- & product changes- … Requirements ü Fluent Dutch, English, French or German – both spoken and writtenü Analytical-mathematical background ü Blow Molding, welding and assembly experience ü Strong ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholdersü Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) ü Strong project management skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize with great care and attentionü Multitasking ability, flexible and reliableü Driven mindset, self-motivated to work autonomouslyü Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suiteü Autocad and Solid Works experience preferredü You hold a Master's or Associate's degree in Engineering or Operations Management from a college, university, or technical school.ü Ideally, you possess a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant job experience in a similar industry and role. Does this sound like you? We encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Send a cover letter to HR – Nadine Van den Broeck – email@example.com, together with your CV, before 08/06/2023 Interviews will take place in week 24 & 25 with the possibility of participating in an assessment.
Minimum of BSME or related engineering degree.
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.