Test Engineering Manager
Mexico City Mexico
Alternate Title: Lab Engineering Manager
Administers plans, conducts and oversees engineering projects, manufacturing assignments, design feasibility along with new product launch knowledge, which all require expert application of engineering knowledge.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Manages tooling, maintenance and manufacturing engineering functions.
2. Leads cost reduction and continuous improvement efforts.
3. Manages capital budget and projects.
4. Manages all facility related issues.
5. Supervises and directs members of the engineering department.
6. Tracks engineering related spending to budget.
7. Prepares capital budget.
8. Analyze processes and implement standard work procedures.
9. Other assignments as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Broad technical and analytical engineering experience as applied to product design, manufacturing and process development as usually evidenced by completion of a degree in engineering or engineering technology.
3. In depth understanding of administrative functions including accounting and human resources.
4. Computer proficient.
5. Ability to communicate to groups, both written and orally and lead team activities.
6. Self starter.
1. 5 to 10 years experience in manufacturing engineering.
2. 3 to 5 years managerial experience.
3. General knowledge of the TS16949/ISO14001 standards as they pertain to this position.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers’ license.
2. Physical Requirements:
3. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
4. May travel to plant and customer sites.
1. Occasionally lifts and / or carries up to 70 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around and under factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works within an automotive component manufacturing office and laboratory setting, and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
English proficiency Strong management backgroundExperience working in an automotive lab. Strong experience working with ISO17025.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.