Technical Writer and Data Specialist
Mexico City Mexico
Alternate Title: PDM Administrator (PLM)
Writes and edits test reports for the test lab in the Technology Center according to set standards. Also manages the test request database for the lab. Manages data and maintains the SharePoint Test Request database.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Under limited supervision, writes and edits technical test reports obtained from test data, observation and feedback from Test Engineers and other applicable parties.
- Randomly audits test reports before submission to customers.
- Understands, organizes and edits test data from multiple sources into concise documentation according to set standards (order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology).
- SharePoint administrator for test request system, including test request database management, workflow maintenance, and department metrics generation.
- Responsible for document review and control for ISO, product specifications and test reports.
- Systems integration and enhancements.
- Processes invoices from suppliers for payment, and resolve any issues with Accounts Payable.
- Resident expert on Excel formula manipulations. SharePoint to Excel and validation of spreadsheet used for test calculations (ISO requirement).
- Cost roll up summaries for completed testing.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation and test reporting.
- Possess meticulous writing, editing, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Experience gathering and converting data into written narrative (graphs, charts, schedules).
- Experience with automotive component testing (thermo cycling, corrosion aging, and fuel systems).
- Ability to interact across a wide range of internal and external customers on technical issues and applications.
- Basic understanding of standard equipment in testing and process environments.
- Knowledge of related technical specifications, publications, ISO 17025, and automotive standards.
- Must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with minimal direction.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, SharePoint, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasional Travel to plant, supplier, and customer sites.
- Occasionally lifts up to 30 pounds and frequently carries up to 15 pounds.
- Maneuvers in, around, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Works within an office and laboratory setting and is exposed to heat, cold, wet, and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with technical documentation.
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.