West Shanghai Jiading China
Alternate Title: Commodity Buyer
Responsible for establishing and maintaining a capable supply base for the assigned commodities, strategy development and implementation, ensuring placement of purchase orders for production materials, management of internal activities, and AQP as required. Responsible for managing the purchasing team.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Must control costs of purchased materials through: use of established cost targets, negotiations, market tests, make/buy proposals, design and/or process changes.
2. Must have good interpersonal skills, as position interacts with all levels of management within the company and within supplier organizations. Works closely with Program Management, Engineering, Sales, Finance, Product Development, Quality Assurance, and cost improvement committees, as required. Must be able to lead, coach, and develop the purchasing team.
- Strong understanding of advanced risk mitigation skills, financial budget forecasting and review process.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, have a pre-disposition to action and ability to resourcefully manage complex situations.
- High degree of comfort level working closely with the Supply Chain and Operations Team.
- Solid understanding of Advanced Sourcing and Purchasing Program Management approaches.
- Collaborative team player with strong communication and people skills to generate high rapport levels with internal executive leadership team
- Solid understanding and practical use of MS Office Suite/G Suite, PowerBI, Mainframe Systems and Web Based Procurement Systems.
- Excellent analytical skills and Global mindset
- Global Automotive T1 Supplier or OEM procurement experience
- Familiarity with the changing trends associated with the Electric Vehicle supply chain
- 9+ years of automotive industry direct material purchasing and or supply chain experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated direct team purchasing leadership experience in steel raw material, stamping or machining components.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Attainment of CPM level certification as recognized by the NAPM.
- TS16949 literate.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Location Specific Requirements:
Good communication skills in English and Chinese
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Marketing, Economics, International Business, Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Engineering, or equivalent from an AACSB accredited program; Other technical degrees with business background also considered
- MBA / Master's degree and knowledge of incorporating data analytics into purchasing activities
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.