Financial Analyst I
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Alternate Title: Tax Accounting Analyst
Compiles and analyzes financial information for the organization.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports and presentations.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Operational support - supports month end reporting, short term forecast and financial measurements.
- Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs related duties and special assignments as assigned.
- Coordinates with the Financial staffs in the annual and monthly forecasting process assuring integrity of information and performance measurements that are consistent and meaningful to senior management.
- Job duties may entail limited travel.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Knowledgeable with a variety of finance concepts, practices and procedures.
- Plans, conducts and supervises complex and varied assignments in such areas as costs, budgets, forecasts and finance.
- Strong analytical abilities, self directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver high quality work product.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and 2-4 years of experience in related field.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid Drivers’ license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
Position will report to the Senior Tax Analyst at TI Group Automotive Systems LLC. The position will be responsible for all aspects of the US federal, state and local tax depreciation calculations, projections and reconciliations. Preparation of sales and use tax exemption certificates, perform sales and use tax research and assist with sales and use tax audits. Review and preparation of the Annual Form 1099 reporting for payments to 3rd party suppliers. Review and preparation of Foreign Bank Account Reporting forms for the company and individual employees. Assist, as needed, in special projects including, but not limited to, the Research and Experimentation Tax Credit, US transfer pricing, the Foreign Tax Credit and tax return workpapers for federal, state and local tax returns. Processing of quarterly and extension tax payments for Federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Bachelors Degree
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.