Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Alternate Title: Thermal Application Engineering Technology (AET) Engineer
Development and engineering for new product development.Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Design, develop, and prove-out of new fluid handling products
2. Accountable for project management of assigned projects.
3. Works with other departments to establish a design, technology and product development.
4. Approve product engineering drawings: identify or establish performance and material specifications.
5. Validate design sand prepare reports summarizing results.
6. Prepare presentations to the customers that relate to development projects.
7. May lead and direct the work of others.
8. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
9. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Thorough understanding with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures (Strength of Materials, Metallurgy, Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Hose Couplings
2. Ability to design, develop and validate fluid handling components
3. Project management skills.
4. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel,PowerPoint, etc).
5. Ability to communicate ideas and concepts (through sketches, drawings, models, etc)
6. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers’ license.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to travel (including air travel and long automobile trips).
1. Occasionally lifts and / or carries up to 50 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around and under factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing,walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works within an automotive component manufacturing office and laboratory setting.
5. Exposure to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
- Minimum of BSME or related engineering degree.
- 3+ yrs Engineering development experience in a related product area
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.