Reynosa Headquarters Mexico
Alternate Title: Senior Internal Auditor
This position assists the Risk and Compliance team with the monitoring / organization / reporting of all risk and compliance related activities at TI Fluid Systems. This person interprets accounting policies, processes and procedures and internal controls. This role includes project management related responsibilities which correspond to the development and implementation of compliance methodology, risk assessment and scoping procedures, preparation and maintenance of process documentation, internal controls testing, issue tracking, reporting to senior management and all other project management related responsibilities necessary to achieve the risk and compliance initiatives. This role will be responsible for testing the effectiveness of internal controls at varying levels of the company (primary focus being the Americas region and Corporate related functions). Testing will include meeting with process / control owners, collection of evidence, documentation of process / testing procedures and reporting results. This person will act as a trusted advisor to the business regarding the objective of implementing effective internal controls; provide support to remediation related activities where needed and coordinate regularly with the other internal controls / internal audit groups.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Assist with development and implementation of risk and compliance methodology, guidance, templates, etc...
2. Assist with enterprise risk management and scoping procedures.
3. Assist in the preparation and maintenance of process documentation (e.g., adherence with regulatory / compliance requirements).
4. Project management of internal controls evaluation / remediation procedures.
5. Internal control testing / evaluation at various levels in the company (e.g., transactional, entity-level, corporate, etc.).
6. Maintain internal control management system data / reporting.
7. Compile management reports / presentation material / training content.
8. Manage communication of risk and compliance messaging / initiatives globally.
9. Deliver risk and compliance related information / training.
10. Assist in identification of process inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement.
11. Remain current on industry, profession, best practices and other applicable compliance / regulatory information.
12. Relies on experience, judgment and critical thinking skills to plan and accomplish goals.
13. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks with complex requirements and aggressive due dates.
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Good presentation and communication skills.
4. Strong personal computer and business solutions and accounting software skills.
5. Attention to detail (specifically as it relates to examining evidence, documentation skills and communication / reporting).
6. Effective planning and organizational skills.
7. Effective communication skills with varying levels in the organization (including senior management).
8. Knowledgeable with a variety of internal control / risk management related concepts, practices and procedures (e.g., COSO, ERM, AS5, etc.).
9. Proficient in Microsoft related software (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
10. Ability to independently perform research related procedures.
1. 2-3 years relevant experience (Big four public accounting experience preferred).
2. Automotive or manufacturing industry background.
3. Experience testing / auditing internal controls (preferably in a public company regulatory environment).
4. Experience with manufacturing related accounting issues / operational finance.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Driver's license.
2. Valid passport.
3. Certification required in one of following: MBA, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CFE, CMA.
1. 40-55% domestic and international travel required (at start of and over weekends at times).
2. Ability to work at a personal computer, or be on manufacturing floors, for extended periods of time.
1. Ability to travel (domestic and international).
2. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
Senior Internal Auditor Experience Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree• Minimum 3-5 years Internal or External Audit experience.• Practical application of internal audit tools (experience in using High Bond-Galvanize is a plus)• External audit training (Big Four public accounting experience preferred).• Background in automotive or manufacturing industry• BilingualPosition Summary:Reporting directly to the Internal Audit Manager plus frequent interactions with Audit Directors.Main Responsibilities:• Perform multiple audit, assurance, and advisory engagements.•Develop a risk-based audit and assurance strategy based on relevant external and internal factors, understanding of the business, processes, and key business risks.• Daily interactions with Operational and Finance Teams to help ensure work carried out to adequately based on approved audit and assurance strategy and program.• Communicate internal audit findings timely and collaboratively with process owners to ensure outputs are understood and develop practical and sustainable recommendations to remediate control deficiencies focused on root causes and risk management.• Collaborate with management to help drive impactful, pragmatic, and achievable action plans.• Build and maintain effective relationships within the Internal Audit Team and stakeholder groups (1st Line and 2nd Line) across the business to ensure effective “three-lines” governance and help drive sound decision making in relation to enterprise risk management.• Conduct ad hoc special assignments or advisory projects in response to emerging business risks (assurance by design).• Support continuous development of the internal audit function including research activities, active participation in trainings, learning opportunities and team activities.Skill Requirements:• Effective communication and presentation skills• Dynamic and proactive• Able to exercise professional judgement objectively and independently• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and critical thinking• Effective planning and organizational skills to manage multiple projects/tasks with complex requirements and tight deadline• Passion for self-development and learning and continuous improvement• Demonstrate a high level of integrity, trust, objectivity, and confidentiality• Proficient in Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)• Experience in audit software (e.g., HighBond, Audit Board, etc.) is plus, not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with strong emphasis on Auditing, Accounting and Business
- MBA is a plus
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.