Accounts Payable Analyst
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Alternate Title: Accounts Payable Analyst
The Accounts Payable Analyst II position will review outstanding invoices, obtain accurate receiver or general ledger distribution data, research and isolate quantity and price discrepancies, understand and build a positive relationship with our suppliers and internal contacts. This position also supports North American Treasury operations and Shared Services.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Prioritize and enter supplier invoices in a timely manner, and with minimal errors.
- Where necessary contact the supplier and/or IT when there are issues.
- Identify and document all supplier invoice variances including, but not limited to, pricing differences, quantity discrepancies, intercompany transfers.
- Performs higher level departmental tasks such as leases, confidential payables (such as payroll or legal), debit memos, utilities, and intercompany payables.
- Assist in training new employees or employees assigned additional job tasks.
- Submit adjustments through the appropriate channels.
- Monitor and follow up for timely completion.
- Maintain back-up documentation files for payments/adjustment/etc.
- Work with plants to reduce open receivers that have aged.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Manager and Shared Services Manager as needed.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Knowledgeable with a variety of finance/accounting/treasury concepts, practices and procedures.
- Accounting experience at the General Ledger level is preferred.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation, personal initiative, and independent action to arrive at a solution.
- Demonstrate effective time management to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Advanced computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including the ability to find and adapt new formulas.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Five or more years of related experience in Accounts Payable with the above concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver's license.
- Passport (optional).
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
Associate’s degree in business, accounting, or related field.
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.